Search...

Monday, July 29, 2013

Shreddin Scales


Hey, I'm Joe (how you doin'?) and these are just some righteous scales that I love.
All these tabs are just scales that I jam around with.
Also, I'm a fingerpicker by trade and when I need to sharpen up my left hand I run
these scales.
I'm not theory savvy by any means, but I'd love to be.
And none of these scales are very official, so if you could give me some corrections,
names, advice, or new scales, I would love it.
So have fun and asshole criticism is accepted!

Just a sexy blues scale! (The funnest to mess around with, in my opinion.)
e----5--8-------------------------------5-8------------|
B----5--8---------------------------5-8----------------|
G----5-78---------------------5-7-8--------------------|
D----5-7------------------5-7--------------------------|
A----567-------------5-6-7-----------------------------|
E----5--8-------5-8------------------------------------|

Some minor, western sounding scale? (Some reason it reminds me of Planet Caravan by
Sabbath.)
e----5---------------------------------------5---------|
B----56-8------------------------------5-6-8-----------|
G---45-7-------------------------4-5-7-----------------|
D----5-7---------------------5-7-----------------------|
A----5-78--------------5-7-8---------------------------|
E----5-78--------5-7-8---------------------------------|

A simple major scale. (Makes you feel like a classy badass.)
e----5-78--------------------------------5-7-8---------|
B----56-8--------------------------5-6-8---------------|
G----5-7-----------------------5-7---------------------|
D----5-7-9---------------5-7-9-------------------------|
A----5-78----------5-7-8-------------------------------|
E-------8--------8-------------------------------------|

No comments:

Post a Comment